Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hell Has Frozen Over . . . Phone Cam Pics

So, here I stand with my tail between my legs. I've been whining about how useless phone cams are for years. In fact, I've tried unsuccessfully to find a phone that doesn't have a camera that still has what I need a phone to have. Then out of the blue I start using the phone cam on one of my phones. Then I start to use the cam on my other phone. Yes I have 2 cell phones. One is for business and the other is for personal use. They both have cams and the difference in the cams and the pics they produce is significant enough to use them both for different situations. Now, the tail between the legs part . . . I'm having a blast! Taking and posting phone cam pics to my Tumblr blog has become a daily event for me. Sometimes I post dozens of pics a day. And by doing this I have discovered the necessity for having and using a phone cam!

When I first started in the photography world I was brutally hard on myself. Every picture had to be perfect! Everything needed to be centered, it needed to be razor sharp, the coloring had to be dead on, it had to be "interesting", etc. If everything wasn't up to my ridiculous standards the picture got erased. I could just kick myself for all of the fantastic images that went into the oblivion of the recycle bin rather than being shared with the world. After five years and tens of thousands of images under my belt I have realized that just about every picture can be used in some form. Hell, I could have just photoshopped them and made them more interesting! Tee hee!

I'm certainly not saying that I'm going to throw away my dslr in favor of my Motorola Q. However, I am saying that I now see where the phone cam can fit into my world. I hope you enjoy the images!

Until we meet again!

0 comments: